Here is my latest try, wish i had more time ! >First one
Final composite, raw render and materials.
I switched from AlShader to a basic VrayMtl on which i played a lot with the fog multiplier/bias,the refraction glossiness and the translucency to get more light through than what i could get with SSS. I also merged this material with another layer of blurred reflection to get the diffused specular effect. I forgot to add the third layer to get a clearer material on the broken part but it didn’t really work better than on this render 🙂 It seems i also forgot to check on a few maps on the main shader but they didn’t have much effect either.
The hair is still 3DS Max Hair&Fur, and some larger hairs spread on PFlow with a refractive shader.
I probably won’t have time later today to go back and make some changes so this it ! 😀