Home Forums Challenges Challenge 07: Red Grape

46 replies, 26 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Sam Fosado Sam Fosado 5 days, 7 hours ago
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robert Pashayan
    Robert Pashayan
    Participant
    • Character Art Supervisor
    1 pt
    @robert-pashayan

Here’s what I got, It’s not fully procedural(around 20% handpainted) because I couldn’t get the little unique accidents here and there.

3ds max + Arnold 5

Red Grape

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #10999 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JB Caillet
    JB Caillet
    Participant
    • VFX Student
    @mtprod

Hi there !

Here is what i’ve done for the challenge of this month.

It was done completly procedural using Arnold 5 in Maya.

Raw render :

Raw render

Then with a bit of comp in Nuke :

And another version with a rim light just to match a bit more to the lighting :

Just to explain how I did it for the curious ones, I just use simple nodes and all the time the same, which were the noise, the ai_composite, the ai_shader_mix, and the ramp. With only those 4 nodes I was able to create all kind of mask for my different layers of shaders.

Unfortunatly I didn’t use Substance or Mari, so I don’t have all the nice details (it’s a shame…), contrary to @robert-pashayan ! 😀

@robert-pashayan, you just did a great work, congratulation ! 😉

#11001 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kevin Barres
    Kevin Barres
    Participant
    • Student
    @rodrigros

Hi guys, here is my participation ! Mostly procedural, but some textures for color and SSS.
    Made with Arnold and Maya.

#11002 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Bert
    Bert
    Participant
    • Student
    @bertvandenbosch

red_grape_bertvandenbosch

This is my final entry: Blender and Cycles render engine. 100% procedural textures.

Bert Van den Bosch

#11005 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andreas Mischok
    Andreas Mischok
    Participant
    • student
    @rechakos

Hey everyone,

this is my first time joining the challenge. I started working on the grape at the beginning of November, but because I had too much other stuff to do, it just sat on my hard drive until today, halfway done. In the few time, I tried to focus on the shading instead of texturing. In the beginning, I worked only with the noises inside of Maya but then I added more procedural maps on the go.
    I chose Arnold as my render engine. My shader setup consists of a base shader and a rough coat shader, which are getting mixed together in an aiMixShader. With the base shader, I used a combination of Transmission and Subsurface Scattering settings. The coat layer is all fixed values (if I had more time, I would have added more variation) The procedural I used for the colouring of the grape was originally only intended for testing, but I had no time to exchange it anymore.

Render

Hypershade

#11008 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sam Fosado
    Sam Fosado
    Participant
    @samfosado

Hello 🙂

I just discovered this challenge yesterday! This is what I could make today for the deadline (I plan on improving it and sharing a clean version of my graph later). It is all Maya procedural textures rendered with V-Ray:

I just started learning V-Ray a month ago and wanted to put in practice what I have learned so far. It turned out ok, but I would need to put even more layered textures with noises to get a better, more realistic look 🙂 (Also work on the shader because that highlight isn’t very pretty…)

P. S. Jonas’ grape looks the tastiest ;9

#11048 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sam Fosado
    Sam Fosado
    Participant
    @samfosado

This is an improved version that could still use some work. Looks less like a candy and more like a fruit xD Fully procedural rendered with V-Ray 🙂

Grape v2

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.